About the project
The project’s mission is a smarter Internet use by children and their parents and the prevention of the online distribution of child sexual abuse material.
The project is co-financed 50% by the the European Commission.
The project includes:
- training sessions and seminars for children, parents, teachers and social workers, and awareness-raising events for the general public;
- the drafting of training and awareness-raising materials for children, teachers and parents;
- creative competitions for children and students;
- assistance and counselling from the Children’s Helpline 116111 www.lasteabi.ee children and parents on safe Internet and digital mobile devices use by telephone, MSN (user email@example.com) and other IM solutions;
- the web-based hotline www.vihjeliin.ee, which allows Internet users to provide information about web environments which contain material that violates children’s right to sexual self-determination; notices about other materials that are inappropriate for children may also be sent to Vihjeliin;
- cooperation among different stakeholders in Estonia and Europe and participation in the INHOPE and INSAFE cooperation networks.
The activities of the project since January 2019 are being implemented by four organisations:
- Estonian Union for Child Welfare is a coordinator of the project and contributes to awareness raising activities, coordinates youth participation and operates Estonian Hotline www.vihjeliin.ee;
- Education and Youth Authority and Tallinn University of Technology carry out awareness raising activities;
- Estonian Social Insurance Board (operates Child Helpline 116111) provides help and counselling for children and parents if problems emerge in the use of the Internet and digital media devices, and participates in awareness raising activities.
Malle Hallimäe, project coordinator and hotline manager, Estonian Union for Child Welfare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kerli Valner, awareness raising project manager and youth participation coordinator, Estonian Union for Child Welfare: email@example.com
Silvia Uus, Awareness Raising Project Manager, Education and Youth Authority: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anu Baum, Project Manager on behalf of Tallinn University of Technology: email@example.com
Kai Hallik, Child Helpline 116111 Service Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org